📞 (604) 520-8515
📧 [email protected]
I'm a passionate software engineer based in Vancouver, BC ****🏔️ ****with 8 years of professional experience.
Legible, Vancouver, Canada (Remote) | Jan 2022 – Present
Directly reporting to the CTO, I am responsible for the direction of the software architecture and technology strategy.
- Development team enabler and mentor for web and cloud technology with best practices, propagated internal standards. Supported multiple teams to increase adoption of Agile and DevOps culture.
- Designer and engineer of proof-of-concepts to evaluate and adopt long-term technology choices and specifications.
- Defined and improved the developer experience for multiple codebases:
- JS/TS/GraphQL/React/NodeJS monorepo for web applications.
- Java/Go/Kafka services for core platform systems.
- Principal engineer for backend systems using technologies such as Go, Kafka (Streams API), PostgresDB DBA (indexing optimizations, migrations, diagnostics).
- Established roadmaps and planning for enterprise SOA adoption, internal API stability and discoverability, OAuth/OIDC adoption, TDD sustainability, migrating React usage to TypeScript (to match backend).
Legible, Vancouver, Canada (Remote) | Sep 2020 – Jan 2022
Directly reporting to the CEO, I hired and managed a full software development department to produce a next generation – web & mobile first – reading and publishing platform.
- Primary contributor to the development environment and initial codebase for a full-stack web development experience for my team, which included integrations for:
- Compilers/transpilers (TypeScript, Babel), module & asset bundlers (Webpack), packagers (NPM/Yarn, Docker), linters (ESLint), formatters (Prettier), test & coverage runners (Jest), API docs & changelog generators, git commit-time checkers (Husky), monorepo & multi-project linkers (Lerna, Yarn workspaces), components explorer (Storybook)